Student Study Space
Student Clubs and Associations
Should you require space as a student Club or student union, please refer to UBC Okanagan Student Union.
Student Study Rooms (COM, LIB, EME)
Students Study Rooms are available in three buildings on campus: The Commons, The EME and The Library.
- the Library has 8 study rooms and a bookable recording studio
- the Commons has 31 study rooms
- the EME has 18 study rooms
All study rooms are bookable through: https://bookings.ok.ubc.ca/studyrooms/ A current Novell login is required to book a study room.
For more information on study spaces in The Library and The Commons, including hours of operation, visit: http://library.ok.ubc.ca/use-the-library/library-spaces/#group
Student study space
Students are able to book study space on campus using the Student Study Space Book Now request form. Requests for Clubs or Student associations must go through the Students’ Union. These requests must be made in advance and will be responded to within 24 hours, with the exception of weekends.
To ensure fairness and optimize limited room resources, please follow these guidelines:
- Bookings can only be made by the person who will actually be in attendance. Study rooms are restricted to 2 hours maximum per day. You may make a daily booking occurring (2 hours once a day in one room) every day but only two weeks at a time. Rooms will be open for booking, one month prior to the start of the term. For example on August 1st, rooms would be available for bookings for the September term.
- Access – Rooms are open the same hours as the building 6am-11pm Mon-Fri and 7am-10pm Sat/Sun. If you have booked the room and arrive to find the room occupied, you have the right to ask the group to leave. Please vacate the room promptly at the end of your scheduled time.
- Cancellations – Bookings will be considered cancelled if the room is not occupied within 15 minutes of the booked start time.
- Furniture – Respect the space, leave it clean, remove your personal belongings and garbage . Do not remove chairs from the rooms. You will be responsible for any damages to the space during your booking time.
Bookings that do not follow the guidelines may be in danger of being cancelled without notice.
Other Buildings – No Booking Required
The following rooms are available for student use. Students are reminded to respect the space, remove personal belongings and re-set the room if furniture is moved.
Sunroom (The Sunshine Food Court, Administration Building)
|Hours of Operation – Effective September 4, 2017|
|Monday – Friday||8:00 am – 11:00 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||10:00 am – 11:00 pm|
Hours are subject to change during holidays.