Students can book study space from this page. Should you require other space as a student group or student union, please refer to UBC Okanagan Student Union.
Student Study Space
There are 18 student study rooms ranging from 6-10 capacity available to students for study use. All student booking requests require name, student number, start and end times, and purpose of the meeting.
To ensure fairness and optimize limited room resources, please follow these guidelines:
- Bookings can only be made by the person who will actually be in attendance. Study rooms are restricted to 2 hours maximum per day. You may make a daily booking occurring (2 hours once a day in one room) every day but only two weeks at a time. Rooms will be open for booking, one month prior to the start of the term. For example on August 1st, the EME rooms would be available for bookings for the September term.
- Access – Rooms are open the same hours as the building 6am-11pm Mon-Fri and 7am-10pm Sat/Sun. If you have booked the room and arrive to find the room occupied, you have the right to ask the group to leave. Please vacate the room promptly at the end of your scheduled time.
- Cancellations – Bookings will be considered cancelled if the room is not occupied within 15 minutes of the booked start time.
- Furniture – Respect the space, leave it clean, remove your personal belongings and garbage . Do not remove chairs from the rooms. You will be responsible for any damages to the space during your booking time.
- Bookings that do not follow the guidelines may be in danger of being cancelled without notice.
To book a study room in the EME Building, a login is required.
Login with your Novell username/password at https://bookings.ok.ubc.ca/studyrooms
To login, use your Okanagan campus Novell credentials (sometimes referred to as your ‘NDS’ username and password). This is the username and password you use to login to any of the Windows computers on campus. For Apple users, this is the password you use to access the files on the campus file server. Some functions are restricted to certain users, and other users will get the message: ‘You do not have access rights to modify this item’.
If you encounter difficulties logging in, please call the IT Helpdesk at 250.807.9000 (toll-free 855.807.9001).
The online Study Room Booking System is primarily for student use.
The following student study rooms are available for booking.
|EME1162||10||Table, Chairs and Whiteboard|
|EME1163||6||Table, Chairs and Whiteboard|
|EME1164||6||Table, Chairs and Whiteboard|
|EME1165||6||Table, Chairs and Whiteboard|
|EME1166||6||Table, Chairs and Whiteboard|
|EME1167||6||Table, Chairs and Whiteboard|
|EME1168||6||Table, Chairs and Whiteboard|
|EME1252||10||Table and Chairs|
|EME1254||8||Table and chairs|
|EME2241||8||Table and chairs|
|EME2242||8||Table and chairs|
|EME2243||8||Table and chairs|
|EME2244||8||Table and chairs|
|EME2246||8||Table and chairs|
|EME2248||6||Table and chairs|
|EME2252||6||Table and chairs|
|EME2254||6||Table and chairs|
The following rooms are available for student use from September 4 to December 3, 2018 (6:30 pm to building close / 7 days a week with exceptions noted below). Students are reminded to respect the space, remove personal belongings and re-set the room if furniture is moved.
- ART218 (Available as per above except Fridays)
- FIP139 (Available after 7:00 pm 7 days a week)
- SCI236 (Available as per above except Wednesdays)
December 2018 – Designated Exam Study Space
The following rooms are available for student use from Dec 3-Dec 21 Monday-Friday (with exceptions noted below). Students are reminded to respect the space, remove personal belongings and re-set the room if furniture is moved.
- Fip 124 (Available 7 am-10 pm, M-Fr, Dec 3-21)
- Art 204 (Available 8am-12pm, M-Fr, Dec 3)
- Lib 306 (Available 8 am-12 pm, M-Fr, Dec 10-21)
- EME 2111 (Available 5pm-10pm, M-Fr, Dec 3-21)
Sunroom (The Sunshine Food Court, Administration Building)
|Hours of Operation – Effective September 4, 2017|
|Monday – Friday||8:00 am – 11:00 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||10:00 am – 11:00 pm|
Hours are subject to change during holidays.
Other Buildings – Booking Required
Bookable Student Study Space
Additional classrooms around campus will be opened for student study during mid-terms and final exams.
Complete the Room booking request form
Would you like to request a revision to a current booking?
Please fill out the Room Booking Change Request Form.
- Requests must be made in advance – particularly requests for weekends. Booking requests will be responded to within 24 hours.
- 2 hour limit per day – requests for reoccurring bookings can be submitted 2 weeks prior to the first requested date. Reoccurring bookings cannot exceed 2 weeks.
- If you request the space, you must be in attendance during the meeting
- Respect the space, re-set the room if you move tables, remove personal belongings
Library Study Rooms- Online Booking Required
Bookable Student Study Space
Please click here to take you to the link for the Library study room online booking system.
- Bookings can only be made by groups of 2 or more UBC students, faculty and staff.
- Bookings are limited to a maximum of 2 hours; up to 6 hours per week per person.
- Bookings can be made up to 21 days in advance.
- Groups who are more than 10 minutes late forfeit their booking time.
Regular Hours (Sep 1, 2018 – Apr 25, 2019)
|Monday – Friday||7:00 am – 10:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am – 10:00 pm|
|Sunday||10:00 am – 10:00 pm|
|Stat. Holidays||Open (see hours below)|
|September 1||8:00 am – 6:00 pm||Move-in Weekend|
|September 2 & 3||9:30 am – 5:00 pm||Move-in Weekend|
|September 4||9:30 am – 5:00 pm||Labour Day|
|October 8||10:00 am – 10:00 pm||Sunday before Thanksgiving|
|October 9||10:00 am – 12:00 am||Thanksgiving|
|November 10||7:00 am – 10:00 pm||Mid-Term Break|
|November 11||10:00 am – 10:00 pm||Remembrance Day|
|November 12||10:00 am – 10:00 pm||Sunday after Remembrance Day|
|November 13||10:00 am – 12:00 am||En Lieu of Remembrance Day|
|December 3||10:00 am – 12:00 am||24 hour Operation Starts|
|December 4 – 18||Open 24 hours||Exam period December 4 – 19|
|December 19||12:00 am – 10:00 pm||Last Day of Exams|
|December 20 – 22||8:00 am – 5:00 pm||Between Exams and Christmas Break|
|December 23 – 31||Closed||Christmas Break|
|January 1||Closed||New Years Day|
|January 2||7:00 am – 10:00 pm||Classes Start Next Day|
|February 11||10:00 am – 10:00 pm||Sunday before Family Day|
|February 12||10:00 am – 12:00 am||Family Day|
|February 13 – 16||Regular Hours||Reading Break|
|March 29||7:00 am – 10:00 pm||Day before Good Friday|
|March 30||10:00 am – 10:00 pm||Good Friday|
|March 31 – April 1||10:00 am – 10:00 pm||Easter|
|April 2||10:00 am – 12:00 am||Easter Monday|
|April 8 – 24 (Mon – Fri)||7:00 am – 2:00 am||Exam Period|
|April 8 – 24 (Sat & Sun)||10:00 am – 2:00 am||Exam Period|
|April 25||7:00 am – 10:00 pm||Last Day of Exams|
Summer Hours (April 26 – August 31, 2018)
|Monday – Thursday||8:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Friday||7:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Stat. Holidays||Closed (including lieu days)|
|April 18||Closed||Library Retreat|