Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff may book space based on availability once the core academic schedule is complete. Events/Activities fall within the following activities contemplated in Policy 107. Invitee or sponsored events fall under Other Academic/Educational activities. For invitee fee information, please click here.
Types of Activities contemplated in Policy 107 include:
Academic / Educational Activities
1. Core Academic / Educational Activities
(a) classes or events related to UBC credit course offerings (i.e. UBC degree and diploma courses approved by Senate)
(b) examinations, seminars, discussion groups, and similar activities related to UBC credit course offerings; and
(c) research conducted by faculty, staff and students of UBC or under the auspices of UBC.
2. Other Academic / Educational Activities
(a) classes, courses and programs offered by UBC, but which do not lead to a UBC degree or diploma approved by Senate, which includes all courses offered by Continuing Studies; and
(b) conference, symposia and other academic/educational activities hosted by UBC faculty and/or staff.
1. Administrative Activities
(a) administrative meetings or other similar activities of student clubs sanctioned by a UBC students’ union or UBC Athletics and Recreation, faculty-sponsored student groups, or other similar organizations that are supported by UBC; and
(b) UBC faculty and staff meetings, training sessions or presentations related to the performance of their duties.
2. Athletic or Recreational Activities
(a) which includes, without limitation, the activities of varsity, club and intramural sports teams sanctioned by UBC or a unit thereof, or a UBC students’ organization; athletic programming (UBC or externally organized); and recreational programs (UBC or externally organized), such as kids’ camps.
3. Commercial Activities
(a) which means activities of a primarily commercial nature, including operating a Business, and engaging in any other activity for marketing, sales, or profit purposes. For the purpose of this Policy,
- the term “Commercial Activities” does not include an Event, nor Filming and Photography; and
- the term “Business” means:
- a commercial or industrial activity or undertaking of any kind: or
- professional, personal, or other services provided for the purpose of gain, but does not include an activity carried on by UBC or by agencies of UBC.